Tuesday 27 August 2013

Cars - so reliable

This morning I had a boyfriend full of anticipation. He was off to his first day at the new office and was really looking forward to it so he left early. I woke pretty early too and was out of bed at 6.20. Since me and Rob ow work in different directions we can't go to work together so I saw him off on his merry way and awaited my own departure for work. Everything was juuuust fine and peachy until I had taken the car out of the yard and closed the gate behind me. I sat down and got ready to go to work - but  something felt very different. In the time it had taken me to drive the car out, turn it off to lock the gate and then get back in the clutch had gone. It was still drivable but only just.

I had no idea what had happened though since the clutch has never given in on any of my previous cars; however I had a creeping suspicion. Surprisingly I averted panic though... Fantastic selfcontrol there! In the end I got to work although quite slowly and a lot less smoothly than usual. One of my colleagues' brother is a mechanic so we have asked him to come out and have a look at the car tomorrow - see if he can get it sorted for me. Life saver!

Can't help but feeling, though, that it would be nice to have a month without any kind misfortune. I'm really tired of going up hill all the while. I've been trying to find it somewhere in my budget to go see my family and even with a full time job I can't find money for a measly flight ticket home... I haven't seen them since Christmas and with the clutch now gone on my car and probably about £200 or more to repair it I don't think I'll be able to afford going home the coming couple of months either... Christmas? We'll have to see :/ I just don't know what to do...

Just one month where things go my way, please?
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment