Saturday 24 August 2013

Still alive!

I have been told I need to get back to my blog and to be honest I have been thinking about it myself for quite some time. I've done loads of stuff since I last wrote. Have been to Manchester twice and been to a couple of animal related events around Burton.

For the first time I have experienced the English summer as well and it has been a good one. It has been mercilessly hot for a couple of weeks but I will not be one to complain (too much) about sunshine. I managed to barbecue my shoulders though which was a bit silly...

I really, really will update the blog soon, I promise! Yesterday we toiled away in the garden, putting up our new fence panels and making a new border for the lawn (it was lookig a bit scruffy. It's still a bit scruffy but with a defined edge!). In the evening we went to Race Night at The Traford in Hednesford. Basically what it is is old horse races with 8 horses which you can bet on - you don't get any info on the horses or riders or the course - it's like lottery. You buy a couple of tickets (£1 or whatever you want to bet) and pray your horse is the first to cross that finish line (or finishes at all O.o). Rounded the night off with a curry and headed back home.

Today we went shopping together with Matt in Walsall. Both Matt and Rob wanted some new shirts so we had a nose round the shops. Apparently Pride was on as well but we didn't see much of it sadly.

At the moment I am completely knackered... Rob's just spoke to the landlord's wife Liz about getting quotes for having some windows replaced (single glass is seriously cold in the winter..!). They were really surprised we changed the broken fence panels on our own accord and she said they'd never had tenants like that before. Good to know the landlord is happy with us!

Anyway, I might just try and get some sleep - tried a nap earlier but no luck. I have a feeling you'll be hearing from me again soon.

Take care and go hug someone you like - they deserve it.
Huggles
Saga

No comments:

Post a Comment