Sunday 26 May 2013

Weekeeeend!

We've got a long weekend here this week as Monday is a bank holiday ("red day", no reason, they just put one now because they felt like it - I think...). Yesterday me and Rob went to his boss' house (the Big Boss) as they were having a proble with the broadband in their home offices. They live out in the countryside and the house was amazing. I've seen hotels that are less posh! It's got to be an old victorian mansion or something like that, with stables in the yard. When we drove through the gates I could just about hear angels sing... They own my dream life! Rob asked if I liked the house and I said "You know when I say I'd like to have a detached house in the country? This is what I meant.". I wouldn't quite need as big a house, but the style of it was fantastic. They also had two gorgeous dogs :) A Rhodesian Ridgeback who was leaning on me for some fuss. Loved him!


Speaking of dogs - we're now sponsoring Dogs Trust :) They're a charity who rehome dogs and take care of dogs who are too sick or unstable to be rehomed with families. We've been keeping an eye on their webpage while we've been considering getting a dog, so as we have decided to wait for a bit it feels nice to at least be able to support them in some way. The dog we sponsor is called Angus and is a 9 year old chocolate labrador :) We just got the welcome pack this week with a picture of him and some information and a membership card. It also had a window sticker for a car saying "I'm a dogs best friend" which I'm saving for the car I'm getting.

After Rob had worked his magic on the connection we went to look at some cars for me (just so I have something to put my sticker on!). We've been focusing on Toyota Aygo, Citroën C1 and Peugeot 107, mainly because the road tax is dirt cheap and the insurance is relatively low on them, so we had a few we wanted to look at. I just need a car that will reliably take me to work and back once in a while and to the gym a couple of times per week, so a small perky little car like that will do the ob nicely :) We did find one we like, but the man selling it hadn't received all the service papers from the previous owner yet so we said we wanted it but want to see the papers first. Hopefully we should get a call this week, fingers crossed! The car is an -05 Toyota Aygo, powdery blue (because the colour is important to Rob but he tells everybody it's me being picky lol) and generally a nice little car. I didn't test drive it, I left that for Rob, as I don't have as much experience with driving in this country, so Rob is the better judge when it comes to how well a car drives. He was quite impressed with it.


I am looking forward to some freedom. It means I can go pick up friends and family from the airport and we can plan days out without having to rely on Rob driving us. Rob is also quite happy because that means I can pick him up from the pub xD I could have used it last night! We had Matt and Mark over for some BBQ ribs and beer and after that the boys went out on the town while I had a nice quiet evening with the entire sofa to myself (that's a good saturday evening for me lol). We'd ordered a curry for 23.30 as they "would be back by then", and having a curry after going out is standard in this country and/or company. They weren't though. The delivery guy turned up and he even asked where Rob was. We have a favourite place and it's always the same guy delivering, so we're kind of getting to know him by now lol. The last couple of times we've ordered from them they've thrown in a free starter as well - I think they've seen the glowing review I left of the food and service on the take out website :D

Before Matt and Mark left this morning we went for breakfast at a local café as the boys wanted full english. Food was really nice and they even had a challenge! The Almighty M, lol - that's the hallmark of quality!

Anyway, we're off to the garden centre!
Huggles
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment