Saturday 23 February 2013

Things may be looking up


Wednesday night I went out for a curry with my colleagues in the evening. It's the first time since I moved across (more than 5 months ago, isn't that insane? on March 5th I have been here for half a year!) that I've gone out without Rob. Don't get me wrong, I love going out with Rob, but it's not healthy not having separate lives from each other as well. We had a really good time down at the Bilash restaurant. I have to say they really are good. They try and go that extra mile for good customers and I appreciate that. One of my colleagues has been going there with her husband for over 20 years so the manager knew their names and orders by heart already ;) They even put some extra energy into decorating our plates for the starter (a mixed kebab with onion bhajis, it was gorgeous!) as you can see from the picture :) It makes for a good night out. I went safe for the main course though - chicken tikka masala with a cheese and garlic naan. Mel laughed at me because they know how much I love tikka masala. First or second week I worked at TIP I had tikka masala in some form or other in my lunch box 3 days in a row :P It's red, it's coconut-milky and creamy and wonderful! And it's also fake-indian, but does it really matter? :D Good food is good food!

Today we've spent pretty much all day in Burton-upon-Trent looking at flats/houses. It's been a long day and we've had such mixed results. Two of the places, a flat by the train station and a house further away from the town centre, were positive surprises. But the other four we looked at were let downs to be honest... One of them, sort of at the top of our price range as well, was quite moldy :/ Another one had stairs so steep I could have fallen to my death (and nearly did). We have something to think about, lets put it that way :)

I think all the flat hunting today has given me a fever though :( I'm not feeling fantastic at the moment. Rob's contemplating going out for a beer with his friends and I'm contemplating a pain killer and going to bed early!

Anyway, that's it for tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to update you soon with good news on the flat.
Huggles!
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment