Monday 10 December 2012

All 10 fingers intact

These last couple of days I have gone without my bandage as it was strangling the blood circulation in my hand and making the area around the cut go numb. I kept the surgical tape on though as, when I looked at the cut, it looked like it wasn't healing properly. I thought it was coming apart again. Paranoia is one of my more endearing traits (that's what I keep telling myself), so yesterday before we went to the hospital again for a follow up there was a little part of me asking "What if it doesn't heal and they have to amputate my finger?". I realise that is completely ridiculous... But never the less it's the way my brain works. I compulsively think about the very worst scenario, even if it's one in a billion.

As you may have figured out though it was fine. I sat down with a nurse for about 2 mins and she had a look at it, made sure I still have full range of motion in my hand and gave me some advice. She said I should be fine to have my hand in water for short periods of time (no more bag on my had when I shower! WOHO!!) but it might go "gooey" if I keep it in there for too long. So washing up with gloves on for a couple of weeks. It'll probably take a good 2 weeks for the wound to close completely and then a few months for the scar to fade. So now I just have to work on my bar fight story to go along with it and things will be fine :D

I just got my National Insurance Number in the post as well! So now I am fully prepared to get a job. Aaaany day now...

Today I'm making toffie to send with Rob to work (and possibly save a few pieces for myself ;) ) and some time this week I am making my gingerbread dough. Maybe today, maybe later. I haven't decided. We seriously need some sort of Christmasy decorations though, so will try and get a gingerbread house up.

Anyway, I'm off down town in a few minutes.
Huggles <3
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment