Friday 7 December 2012

Itching = healing

I know that if a wound is itching it means it's healing, but does the hand need to heal so damn well during the days? It's driving me insane! I think the bandage might be causing some of the problems as well. Yesterday I had to take it of for a while to get proper circulation back in my hand. I think I put it on a bit tight... Just around the cut my hand started going numb or "falling asleep" and it was the weirdest feeling. Took a picture of it before I redressed it on Wednesday. It looks like it's healing quite nicely, there's not been a lot of bleeding. None at all to be honest. It's a tricky area with a lot of movement, so when I have the bandage on it goes up a bit on two fingers to stabilize my hand so I can't make a fist. Just to make sure it doesn't come apart again. The cut is completely straight though, so it should heal well. I look like I've been in a bar fight :D


I don't know if I'll be going back there on Sunday to have the tape removed and have it looked at or if I could just do that at home? We'll have to see. I had a letter from the NHS yesterday about tests I should go in for (just routine tests, I'm not actually ill :) ). Every time I walk out of the surgery without having to pay anything I feel like a thief though! Healthcare in Sweden is not entirelly free and you always pay a small amount to see a doctor (normally about £15-30) unless it's an emergency. We  also pay for medicines up to £100 per year and after that it's subsidised. So not paying anything when I  leave the surgery feels strange. I feel very guilty. Combine that with the fact that I've probably been to the surgery here more times in three months I've lived here, than I have in the past 3 years in Karlstad, and you get me, very reluctant to go back there again and mooch of the government's money.

Anyway... Time to get me some breakfast!
Adios :3
Saga xx

2 comments:

  1. You pay for emergency visits also, unless you are arriving with the ambulance.
    Then it is free.

    /kakan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very generous... Isn't it? -.-'

    ReplyDelete