Tuesday 16 October 2012

Smells like scam

Just had a phone call to the landline. When I pick up there's a guy saying he's calling from Windows Support and my computer has been downloading malware according to him. Besides that he has NO means of authorisation or identification. I told him I haven't had any problems with my computer but he persists and says I need to turn on my computer. I go along and tell him it's switched on and so he puts me through to some other guy. This guy in turn asks me to open a search page and look for team viewer. Team viewer is a software that allows a computer to be remotely controlled and to have files deleted and/or installed by another computer.

As soon as I realised he was spelling Team viewer I told him I have no intention whatsoever to let him into my computer. He answers that there are threats to my computer and it will be infected by today, I keep saying I think the biggest threat is letting an unknown person into it and he says people are trying to hack into it and it will be destroyed in one hour! I say I think I'll leave it to my Anti-Virus and the loving care of my own personal computer support - Rob <3

Smells like scam to me. I'm not stupid, mate, I'm not going to hand my laptop to you on a plate just because you say so.

So he gets annoyed and ends the call by saying Merry Christmas!? Dude.. It's October for f#cks sake!

Bastards....
Saga xx

2 comments:

  1. had this once too, some indian guy. no thank you very much. :)
    Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indian accent on this guy (or both of them I should say) as well... Hope people will spot them and not have their passwords and bank details scammed off them... :( I felt I'd better spread the word, lol!

    ReplyDelete