Tuesday 9 October 2012

Who do you think you are?

I've been following the Swedish version of 'Who do you think you are?', where famous people get to go find their roots through genealogy, for the last two series. I love it! I've been interested in genealogy for several years now and have found family members of my own in the church books as far back as the early 1700's, so far. About 8 generations from me. What I have is very shallow knowledge however. I have a big family tree (and it's not quite done yet as I am nowhere near finished on neither my mother's nor my father's side), but I don't know any details aboutmost the people in it. I'm not yet skilled enough to find my way through court documents or military listings. I haven't really had access to them either... At the moment my account at Ancestry is inactive, but when I find a jobI will reopen it again. Until then all I can do is poke through the family tree and long for whenI can get started again.

On a different note I got my NHS number in the post yesterday! I am now a full member of the NHS system, so healthcare - check! I need to go over some other stuff I might need though. That's the difficult part of moving - you're never really sure what you need to do or not. So I need to just take a step back and make sure I have covered my bases.

Anyway, Rob asked me to do some stuff today, so will go do that and then I'm going to do some writing! That story sadly won't write itself!

Huggles!
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment