Monday 15 October 2012

Weekend

I thought I was going to spend the weekend recuperating from my cold, but the future had something different in store for me. Matt wrote to me on Facebook asking if me and Rob were coming out with him and Dave for the saturday night and even though I suspected I had a fever I wasn't too bad off, so I took a couple of tablets (not the super tablets Rob bought me before that knocked me out for a couple of hours and  completely erased my fever and cold, I can't rememer the name of them) and they made me feel a bit better. So we went up to Hednesford again, to The Plough and Harrow. Was a really nice pub (even if the guy behind the bar wasn't too happy about how merry and perhaps loud the men were, according to Matt). We were going to go to an eighties night on the other side of town, but we couldn't be arsed so we had a walk down to Woody's, Hanna will know the place :D

Spent some time there, and it was really nice. Didn't take a lot of photos, but got a couple of good ones. The live music was definitely better than last time, so I enjoyed that! After Woody's we went for the compulsory late curry dinner. Not at Spice this time though, we tried another place called India Red. Had a Chicken Patia since I felt I couldn't go for the Chicken Tikka Masala for the third time in a row ;D It was a little bit spicier and to be honest, it was tasty. Need to be more adventurous with food I feel. And good god, do they love their curries here! There's curry houses in every town and fair play to them, it's good food. Popadums with that chili (and quite possibly mango) sauce is divine. So I'm getting quite sucked into the whole curry-craze ;) Matt and Dave both asked me what had happened to their cinnamon rolls as well so will be baking some as soon as I get my hands o some pearl sugar (pärlsocker), but will have to have that sent from Sweden.

The sunday we spent at home, just taking it easy and that was exactly what I needed I think. I feel better for it today. Throat isn't hurting anymore, so I think that's the cold over and done with (fingers crossed!).

Today I am going to put a hand to the kitchen... We just couldn't be bothered yesterday. So cleaning it is. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so.





Oooh and I have found a little taste of home :D Kopparberg cider! Alcohol free so I can enjoy it as well. This is the only alcohol free cider I have found around here. They have an alcohol free beer as well, but I just can't do with the taste of beer... So I'm sticking to this. Too bad I can only find the Stowford Press cider online, would have been nice. But hey-ho... I'm happy anyway ;)


Anyway, I'm going to go get started on what I need to do!
Huggles,
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment