Friday 9 November 2012

Almost got my foot in the door...

So I called Jobcentre Plus yesterday to apply for a National Insurance number. I have made the initial application and have an interview booked for the end of November. The meaning of this whole interview thing is that I need to provide proof that I am who I claim to be and for some reason I get this bad feeling they won't believe me. Even if I can bring both my passport and my drivers license. It's just a routine thing, I know, but I still get nervous. Do you ever get nervous when you're out driving or walking and you see a police car or an officer? That feeling that you've done something wrong and you just don't know about it? Maybe it's just me and my paranoia... It's the same feeling with the interview. I know it's ridiculous really :) I spoke to Thomas last night and I told him about it. He can relate to it as he got to go to the same kind of interview when he first moved here. He said it will probably only take a few minutes and then I'll get my number and be done. I'm a citizen of another country of the EEA, so there shouldn't be any problems. I know my rights! ;D

Took me some time to find the number to Jobcentre Plus though. Or rather to find out that was who I needed to call. Sneaky bastards at HM Revenue & Customs made me run in circles there for a while. But I prevailed :)

Aaaanyway... Today I'm printing a CV and taking it down to one of the stores. Heard yesterday that someone there was quitting, so it's worth a shot.

On my Christmas wishlist: A job.

Huggles
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment