Friday 23 November 2012

The size is a lie

Shortly after I moved here I noticed I needed somewhat bigger clothes. That was all fine because I new I had put on weight during the spring/summer. To my horror though I needed clothes that were 2 or 3 sizes bigger than what I anticipated as my "normal" size wouldn't even get past my thighs. How could I balloon 3 sizes in one summer!? This has been eating away at my mind for the last couple of months and came to a pinnacle just a few moments ago.

I'm browsing through the Oasis website looking at dresses and I notice it says in the description "Model wears size 10" to which my first reaction is "Snowballs chance in hell she does, that's like size 40 european! She's a stick!". I can't quite let it go though, I have to prove myself right, so I find a size converter. Turns out UK size 10 equals EU size 36... However US size 10 = EU 40. I was right, just in the wrong country. So that explains my "ballooning" this summer (which didn't really happen). I have been looking at numbers in clothes here and thinking US sizes, not UK.

It's a relief, since apparently I'm not the quivering mountain of fat I thought I was, and at the same time I feel like a right doughnut. It took me 3 months to figure out I had the wrong charts in mind!

Where's my head at?
Huggles
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment