Sunday 25 November 2012

Birmingham German Christmas Market

Yesterday Rob told me we'd go down to the German Market in Birmingham. I'd never heard of it but he told me it was a crafts market. So after he watched some football this morning we took the train into Birmingham New Street. Apparently Birmingham and Frankfurt are twin cities, so that's why it's a German market. Bratwursts, Frankfurters, pretzels and Berliners a plenty!

Just outside the Bullring Shopping centre the market started, with little wooden chalet style stands with food and drink, garden gnomes, Christmas baubles, jewelry and clothes. You get the idea! It's on every day from the 15th of november to the 22nd of December. It was really nice with the Christmas ligths and decorations up in the streets and loads of people around. Here are some pictures! Rob is in one of them, only got the back of his head though xD

Very fancy beer tent ;)

Ginger bread hearts!

Carousel :)


Food and drink stand. Rob had some hot Kirchwein (cherry wine), not at this place however :)

Christmas lights <3

Also we got a little ethanol burner for the sitting room :) Heats the room up nicely and looks good as well! We're very happy with it. We were saying we should get a wall mounted one when we get our own place.


Had a really good day and now I'm looking forward to the Christmas market here in Rugeley on the 30th :) Next year I hope my sisters are here to visit for these fayres as I really want to show them round Birmingham! Hanna has seen a bit of it, but give me a year and I'll know at least a few of the good places to go :) 

Tomorrow I have my interview for my National Insurance number, so now I need to go study Google maps so I can actually find my way there :P But I have 25 minutes to walk half a mile, so I should be fine. Just need to remember to bring my passport and all that ;) Have open return on my ticket as well, so I might have a wander about the Christmas market tomorrow as well (it opens at 9 and I'm in for the interview at 9.30). That or possibly the Bullring even though I don't have any money to spend :P

Now, back to maps and Rugby high lights on TV!
Wish me luck...
Huggles
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment