Sunday 4 November 2012

Guy Fawkes night :3


Last night me and Rob went to see a firework display at Lichfield Golf and country club. I love fireworks, so I'd been looking forward to it for a few days :) I wasn't aware that it was Guy Fawkes night though. First and only time I'd heard of Guy Fawkes was at University when Simon gave a presentation about it in English class. For those of you who (like me) haven't really heard  of him before he, together with a bunch of other people, conspired to assassinate King James in 1605 by blowing up the house of Parliament. It failed though, and so they celebrate every year in November with bonfires and fireworks. Despite the cold it was a really nice night. Loads of people came to see it.




Earlier in the day we'd gone down to the garden centre just outside Rugeley to have a look around at what kind of plants they had and I was amazed that there were still flowers in the yard. I would have thought it to be too cold for flowers now but apparently not :) They had really cute little orange trees, so we might get one of them later, or possibly a lemon tree. Either way it would be nice. Homegrown oranges... Mmmm....
Fibre optic village :)


They have started selling Christmas decorations (no surprise there) and there were really cute little fibre optic villages with trains going around them :) Too bad they're so expensive. I will need to pick up some decorations for Christmas later. Even if we're going to be in Sweden over Christmas I would like to set the mood. Also need to pick up a gingerbread house from IKEA.


Just across the street from the garden centre there's a little antiques shop. They had so many beautiful things <3 I told Rob I could refurbish our flat entirely from that shop. Hanna will love it! :D

Anyway, dinner will be done in a few minutes.
Huggles <3
Saga xx

Pretty little birdcage thingies! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment