Thursday 1 November 2012

Halloween!

So, yesterday was the 31st of October and the rain poured down. I spent the day sending out job applications, hopefully this month will be a better one for me... Anyway, me and Rob were planning on spending our Halloween watching horror films and cuddling on the sofa but apparently showing horror films on TV during Halloween isn't much of a thing here. We watched the Addams Family and Sixth Sense, but there was nothing truly scary on. On tuesday night I'd carved a pumpkin so that got to sit in the drive way (picture at the bottom of this post), looking spooky and hopefully, if there were any Trick or treaters (which I doubt due to the weather) they enjoyed seeing it :) When we went out to place our little pumpkin in the drive way I could hear something and asked Rob if it was thunder but he said it was fireworks. Couldn't see them though as it was far too cloudy. I had even bought some sweets in case they would come kocking on our door but it's quite hidden from the road, so I'm not sure they would have even seen it :P I also bought a selection of Halloween beers for Rob. Really liked them xD One of them (Spooks Ale) had a little spell on the neck that read

"Gall of shepherd,
Slip of neame,

Silver'd in the
Kents moon dream.
Double, double boil & bubble,
Hops brown & barley stubble."

I thought it was a nice touch :) I like it when companies do a little something extra for holidays. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll come up with for christmas.

 Anyway - it's November now. Still nowhere near snow (we had frost the other weekend, but nothing more than that) which feels weird. We get around 7-8 degrees during the days if the weather is good. I wonder if we will have winter at all here... This weekend there will be a firework display somewhere close t here, so we're going to go look at that I think. I love fireworks, so that will be awesome :)

Now I need something to eat before I starve to death!
Hope you had a good Halloween!
Love y'all!
Saga xx


No comments:

Post a Comment