Sunday 20 January 2013

Getting nervous xD

Tomorrow is my first day at work :D I am so very excited at the moment and also very nervous. I have already been informally introduced to the others who work in the office, so they sort of know who I am but I am looking forward to properly getting to know them :) I got the contract on Friday in a "Private & Confidential" envelope, so I have been reading that and signing and filling in forms. Need to finish that tonight so I can hand it over tomorrow morning. I'm really happy about having somewhere to go during the days now, as, just the other week (before I got the job offer) I had the saddest thought, though it was still kind of funny in a way. I thought if I'd get killed and the police suspected foul play they'd go to Rob and ask me if there was anyone around here with a reason to dislike me and they'd get the answer "No, she didn't know anyone". It just made me laugh that I don't even know enough people to have enemies around here ;) And I don't mean that in a disturbing way, it's just the kind of thought my mind likes to blindside me with when I'm out walking alone. Because that will really help... (!)

Anyway, back to the job! It feels sort of surreal at the moment but that's only because I haven't actually started yet. I feel like I should pinch myself just to make sure. The last few nights I have had quite vivid dreams and I can remember a lot of them aswell, so I'd just need to make sure ;) All I need to do is land in the present again and get a routine going and it will be fine. Speaking of which it'll be an early night for me tonight.

We went to Hednesford today as well to extend my wardrobe a little bit. Since I have been a student for quite a few years now my wardrobe has developed to be more casual than professional, so I needed a pair of trousers and a cardigan or the like. Found that pretty quick and I was quite happy with it :) Now I have something to wear at work, which feels nice.



With this new job I feel like my "real" life is finally about to begin. It's the same feeling I had just before I moved over to the UK in September. With the extra income we can finally look at possibly moving, so we're considering that. Well... Rob is considering it and I am pushing him towards it! This flat is really only meant as a single occupant's flat and that is all the more clear when there's two of us. It's nice enough, it's just a little bit short of space.

By the way, I said the other day I would take a picture of the snow and post it, so here you go! It's not much, compared to Sweden, but it's enough to cause trouble here! On the picture there you can see our front door :) There's a door step you can't really see under the snow there, there's about 10cm of snow on the ground, so that hides it.


So, I'm off to finish the papers I need to bring!
Will report back tomorrow and tell you how I did ^^
Huggles <3
Saga xx

1 comment:

  1. Hejja SAGA !!!!!
    Lycka till med nya jobb,önskar vi alla i Säter.
    (och komihåg ditt D-vitamin) :)

    ReplyDelete