Sunday 13 January 2013

Snow and settees

We had a really nice day today. Took a trip to DFS sofas in Cannock just for the sake of being nosy. They had a few sofas I really liked :) I think we realised we have certain differences when it comes to taste in furniture but we found two or three we both liked. Now all we need is a second income and a good sitting room to put a sofa in ^^, After DFS we swung by KFC for lunch and then we headed to a cinema in Cannock to see The Hobbit.

I have to say this was the most interesting visit to the cinema I can remember. It looked quite small from outside, but the actuall screen room was huge! It felt a little bit like walking into one of those tents they have in Harry Potter which are bigger on the inside than on the outside. The hallway up to the screen room was a long slope and when we walked in I could see the ceiling was vaulted and about 5-6 meters high. It was proper old style cinema. Rob told me it looked exactly the same as when he last visited it ca 1986! Before the film started we got to see them adjusting the projector and sound. It was a bit unusual and odd, but in a nice way! I did enjoy it. Just after commercials it said "Today's presentation:" or something like that, just before the film burned off and something started beeping in the projector room behind us. They put the lights back on while they were working to fix it and 15 minutes later they got it back up and running :)
There were no problems during the film itself and we got a 10 minute intermission (how funny is that!). What really got to me though was that we only paid £5 per person!

On our way back to the car I saw my first flakes of English snow, albeit small :) Tomorrow there may be snow on the ground when I wake up. I have mixed feelings about it though as I'd love to see some snow here but at the same time Rob will be out driving on it in tyres that are not quite ideal on snow and ice. He's a good driver though, that makes me feel a lot better :)

All in all it's been a good day. I'm looking forward to a new week :)
Hope all of you do as well.
Now I'm going to watch "Most Evil" on Quest.
Huggles and Nighty night <3
Saga

No comments:

Post a Comment