Tuesday 8 January 2013

Back in the UK

After ten days in Sweden me and Rob have been back in the UK for about a week. In a way it's sad, as we had to leave everyone and at the same time it's nice to be back. My aunt asked me before we left if I was looking forward to going back and I said I was. It's just nice to get back to some sort of routine and normality. While we were there I had this strange feeling though. As I lived with Nan before I moved and we stayed with her this holiday it felt weird to be back because it felt like maybe England never happened? That feeling will go away when I get a job though so I have something to fill my days with and new people to meet. I still don't know anyone here and to be honest I'm stumped for ideas on how to meet people. Once I meet people I am fine and I can be very social, it's just the meeting in itself that's the problem.

Before we went to Sweden I gave Rob his first christmas gift :) It was too big to go in the bags with us to Sweden, so he got it in advance. It was a pop corn maker :D I know he loves pop corns, so I thought we might as well be able to make them at home instead of buying bags. I have a feeling he loved it ^^ We tried it out that same evening and it started making popcorn, and then it made some more....


And then it made some more...

We ended up with about 4 bowls of pop corns. 3 in actual bowls and 1 on the floor and counter tops :P But they taste nice :D So hopefully he was happy ^^

Anyway, we had a nice holiday. A lot of relaxing and watching TV series (we finally got Rob hooked on The Walking Dead so now we're waiting for the rest of season 3 in February), but also some fun activities like going out to eat, celebrating Christmas and New Year's and going sledding ;)



The snow was quite deep when we first got there, but only lasted a few days.
When we left a lot of it was gone... That's the neighbour's car and trash bin :P

Amadeus loves opening presents <3 He is exactly like a child  on Christmas Eve, even though he is 13.

Christmas dinner at Nan's!


I always get to be Santa.
Probably because I'm the only one who writes rhymes, so I want to read them :)

Dressed for sledding ^^

We did a really nice run around the village :)



Dad popped by before dinner to wish us all a Happy New Year :)

Hanna set the table so beautifully. She is so much more creative than I!
Me and Rob <3

That's all the fireworks we had, lol ;)

Yay! New Year!

Linda knows what I like ;) Got a selection of salty liquorice with me!

And three books about baking ^^ Might try something new this coming week!
I have bought yeast, but I didn't take a picture of it :P Will make proper cinnamon rolls soon!

This post has been in the pipeline for the last week... I have been too lazy to finish it ^^, Time to post it and get back to reading!

Hope you all had a great start to the New Year <3
Huggles
Saga

No comments:

Post a Comment