Tuesday 22 January 2013

Work update :)

Now I've done my first two days at work and I'm really happy. Before I started I was really nervous because I have never worked in Claims before, I've done a bit of customer service but not a lot of administrative stuff. I feel like I'm catching up fine though. I entred and quantified some new claims today and of course it wasn't perfect, but Sue (colleague) told me I had done really well for a second day at work, so that made me really happy :)

In the office there's me and five other girls and they've all done a super job helping me settle in. I was bombarding Mel with questions today just to make sure I had understood things right and didn't f#%¤ something up beyond repair LOL On the picture is my high visibility vest with the company logo which I need to wear while walking around outside. The office is situated at a transport hub, so there's loads of lorries coming and going all the time. We get to wear really nice hard hats as well ;)

As a strange coincidence CSN (Swedish authority responsible for student loans) sent me a letter telling me it was time to start paying off my (massive) student loans. They managed to time the first payment just right with my first salary. They timed it so presicely I will likely have to borrow the first £250 from Rob for about 48 hours before my salary comes in. It's like someone at CSN all of a sudden stood up out of their desk chair, sniffed the air and went "I zmell money! Zend ze letter!" (They're bloodsucking, vampire bastards, hence the accent...). No matter where you go in the world, the government will find you if you owe them money. It's scary and reassuring at the same time ;) The payments are not too bad though, only around £1'000 per year (for the next 25-30 years or so, you do the math), so it should be manageable as long as I plan for it, which I can do now. Oh, silver lining, you're always there for me, even on my bills.....

Well, it's off to bed for me now, don't want to be too tired tomorrow.
Nighty night all and huggles <3
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment