Sunday 27 January 2013

Great weekend

It's sunday night and I am knackered! Just had a bit of a nap for an hour which was nice :) We've had time to do a bit of everything (except shopping for groceries! The one thing we needed...) so I'm tired in a good way.

On saturday morning we went down town and had a nose around the stores and on our way home Rob asked me where I got my hair cut last time. We were just walking past the salon so we went in and made an appointment for the same afternoon. When I got there I had already decided to cut a fringe as I have thought about that for a while. I'm not very adventurous with my hair but a liiiittle bit of change might be healthy ;) So that's my new fringe! ---->

In the evening Rob called Matt to see if there was anything going on in Hednesford. He told us there was an Elvis tribute on at Woody's so we met up with Matt and another old classmate of theirs called Chris and his wife Kim at the Plough & Harrow before we walked down to Woody's. Chris stared at me when we met up and he asked Rob if I was his missus. He had sort of a look of disbelief on his face so I joked and said I was a mailorder bride ;D They all agreed Rob could have done worse and I guess they're right ;)

Left to right: Matt, Chris, Rob and Kim
We then went on down to Woody's. Elvis was ok but Matt was really not impressed. I got a short video clip, but I really can't be bothered to upload it tonight... Maybe later if the quality is ok :)

Saturday afternoon Rob said maybe we should go out and try carvery, a roast lunch, because it'd be nice to get out of the house for a meal and he asked Matt to come along while we were out last night. So today I have tried a proper carvery lunch for the first time :)

Matt and Rob at Woody's

We went to Seven Stars outside Hednesford. You had a choice of roast gammon meat, turkey or beef (any combination of the three), sausage stuffing, yorkshire pudding, a few kinds of veggies and potatoes and gravy. I had some gammon and turkey and it was really nice. Rounded off with a nice Double chocolate fudge cake it was fantastic ;) Rob bought a J2O Glitterberry as he wanted to try it. I liked it! It's Cherry flavour juice with a gold sparkle. My inner magpie was very impressed ;) Tasty and pretty!

I really have been bad this weekend, when it comes to food, but we have found a gym we're signing on with now, so hopefully I'll get back into shape soon!

Now we're going to watch a film before bed and tomorrow it's back to work :)

Nighty night all and huggles <3
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment