Friday 10 August 2012

Go gairid beidh mé ag foghlaim na Gaeilge! :D

That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is Irish, or Irish Gaelic :) It simply means "Soon I will be learning Gaelic!" Saved you the time it takes to Google-translate it ;) I'm taking a course of Irish this autumn, to keep my head in study mode. I am NOT however taking any loans for that course (it kept coming out 'curse' when I tried to type 'course' - is that a sign?). I think it'll be nice taking Gaelic now that I've already done courses on Celtic history and culture as well as literature. And Rob having family in Ireland as well I thought it would be something we'd both be interested in, even if it turned out his family barely speak any Irish themselves. I could employ some references to my course literature from the Intercultural studies here, but to be honest, its too late and I have no idea where the book is. Lucky for you? So, anyway, Rob will be learning two languages this autumn (since I'm teaching him Swedish as well - no ifs, buts or maybes about it!). I'm considering the good old Post-it method. What do you think? Will it work?

But now... Let's get to the good stuff, eh? I've promised a video of me doing the karaoke, on Facebook. Thought I may as well publish it here! For the dedicated few who read my blog. It's not very good, I admit. Picture is very dark as the lighting was really bad at the restaurant. But at least you can ALMOST hear what I'm singing. My voice was so shaky though - I have a bit of stage fright but I still forced myself up there! :D So enjoy, dear friends! Maybe there will be more coming, who knows?



No nightmares now, ya' hear?
Nighty night ;)
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment