Thursday 30 August 2012

Chanterelles!

When Linda and Palle were here to visit a couple of weeks back we all went to pick chanterelles. We didn't find a whole lot though, just a measly few. I did say though that I was going to pick some for Rob before I move across, so today I went to Säter to pick some mushrooms with mum and Hanna. We headed out some time around 13-13.30 and ended up spending about two and a half hour in the woods.


First thing I do when we get to the woods? Slip on a bloody stump.. I was busy laughing at Hanna because Amadeus had pulled her off her feet in the drive way before we left home. Karma, ladies and gentlemen, is a bitch. Of course we brought Amadeus and he thoroughly enjoyed the walk :) First hour he was shooting around like a cannon ball, when he wasn't begging Hanna for carrots (he loves carrots so we brought some for treats for him).




I picked a staggering 2.2 kilos, Hanna picked 2.9 and mum (the real expert) 3.5kilos. So I'd say a pretty fair amount considering it's not a fantastic year for mushrooms and people had already been there. Was quite fun though. Had some very light rain come down, but that didn't evn bother us. Mum said she was so proud to see me and Hanna leaping across logs yelling "I FOUND THE MOTHERLOAD". She said thatafter 25 years of wondering she could finally say that yes, we are definitely her children ;) She used to force us out when we were younger, but for the longest time we didn't want to come with her. Now we actually asked for it ourselves, so she was very happy. We did end up having a great day, even if it takes forever and a day to rinse, cut and boil the mushrooms after picking them is done...

Found some pretty good spots!

Mum in her element.

Cucu for chanterelles xD

Biggest chanterelle found today! "King of mushrooms" as Hanna called it.

The entire catch :)

After all that hard work I now have a few bags i the freezer so I can bring them with me to the UK in a few days, so Rob can enjoy some chanterelles sautéed in butter ;) The things I do for love! <3

Now I needs some sleep... In a bit.

Good night my pretties <3
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment