Thursday 2 August 2012

Going to work is hard to do

Just had two days off, spent them doing absolutely NOTHING productive at all except for some creative writing and a bit of shopping ;) I like my days off to be like that. Lots of writing, reading, watching of TV series (2 episodes of Criminal Minds √ ) and some Olympics. Now I'm sitting here trying to write, building on a story I started this spring and to be honest it's coming along, not fine, but ok. I hope I will actually finish this one - I usually run out of inspiration about 3 pages in and end up postponing working on it forever. I think this one is different though as I have spent more of myself in the character. In some ways at least. Wow, all that sounds so pretentious. I'd better make with some results after talking about it like that... No pressure then. But then again, some of my "best work" has been done under pressure.
Got some music on and have just heard Renee Olstead for the first time and I really love her single "She's got your name". She's got an amazing, soulful voice! It's not in my Spotify list :3  I'd post a link to the song, but it's not on Youtube yet... So go find it yourselves! Promise you it's worth it though, if you like Aretha Franklin-esque music (that's the only reference I can come up with, but no doubt there's a hundred people who could come up with just as many other singers she sounds more like, but give me a break, I'm no music critic!!).

Tomorrow, and all weekend for that matter, I'm working. I'm down to my last 6 days of work. So that's six shifts in seven days and, to be completely honest, I'm not thrilled. I don't think I'm the perfect person for a job like that, especially as nothing much happens in the ward. Believe me, there's a good "happening" and there's a bad "happening" and we have had neither, even if I would have liked someof the first. I shouldn't feel thrilled about fetching the mail. I have a deep rooted respect for those who stick around there for 20-30-40 years even without being sentenced to it ;) (gallows humour... sorry). Anyway... I need to go take a shower so I'll have time to maybe do something pretty with my hair before work.

Good night <3
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment