Monday 13 August 2012

Rollercoaster

This weekend I was in Karlstad to pack a few more boxes and move some more stuff home to Dalarna. It was al fine while I was there, met a couple of the guys and exchanged a few words. Got some packing done. But it wasn't until I left Karlstad that things got difficult. I started realising how many old wounds that city opens up, especially as I'm leaving it. I've had some of my best and my worst times there. There has been so much laughter, so many tears, I have met people I will love and cherish forever and people I would rather just forget... Even if I know it's silly, thinking that way, I feel like I'm abandoning all those memories. When I drove out of Karlstad this morning I felt a tinge of emptiness and it opened up everything again. I gained and lost one of my best friends in that town. I don't know where she is now, and as far as I know she doesn't know where I'm going. It's all ancient history soon. Have to admit I shed a tear or two in the car. All that happiness and sadness was overwhelming. I dare not think what'll happen when I pack up the car for the last time... It'll be difficult to say the least.

But after that drive home the day got much better. Me and Hanna went to Långshyttan to try Blacksmithing. The smithy is open every saturday and sunday till the 26th of August for anyone who wants to try it :3 It was so much fun! And sort of hard work too... My smithing arm is sore already xD We got to make hooks to hang on the wall and I am really happy with mine (but I think Rob prefered Hanna's hook - bastard). We were the only ones there though, which I was surprised about. Too bad more people didn't go.

Top one is mine, bottom one is Hanna's!
Don't think I should quit my day job just yet...

I'm no super smith yet, but I would love workig with it as a hobby. Need to get a place with a smithy in the future. Dad told me in the evening that Grandpa used t have a smithy and Nan told me about how he used to make told and sleds for the farmers and woodworkers. Nice to feel a connection to him in something I do now that he's not here any more. Hope he'd been proud...

We invaded a pasture on our way home with 5 horses, 2 foals and a number of cows and calves (which Hanna believed to be Sabertooth Belgian Killer Cows and they were going to attack us - need I say we were a little bit worried when the one with the biggest horns wouldn't stop staring at us??). Even got to say hi to one of the foals as it came over for a fussand a sniff. Both me and Hanna were exstatic I think. I need to get a horse, or two, in the future. They are such sweet gentle animals (if they're brought up right; that makes an important difference ;) ).



Little sweethearts <3

We finished the evening with a "goodbye"-dinner with dad and his family. Went to Athena and had a really nice meal and a god time, rounded off with some Pogo stick jumping outside dad's house before we left. I think I'm talented - Hanna does not agree xD No one else either!


Now I'm off to bed!
Love y'all
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment