Saturday 25 August 2012

Reaping my reward

Yesterday, after a long and emotional day of cleaning out my room and handing in the keys to the next girl (literally - she was standing right next to me in the landlord's office), I deserved some relaxation. So I took a bath. Usually as soon as we start running water in the bathroom the dog makes himself scarce, not so last night though as I decided to bring a small bowl of cheese doodles. From experience he knows cheese doodles are not served when HE is the one taking a bath, so he felt more than comfortable inviting himself into the bathroom... Thankfully he stayed out of the water (but I did worry there for a second as he was looking at the bathtub funny). We ended up sharing the cheese doodles and when he was satisfied he'd gotten the last of them he went to sleep instead. The bath worked wonders for my poor tired body. I have to say I LOVE that mum and Hanna installed a tub and having one of my own is now definitely on the wishlist for future flats and/or possible houses.

Amadeus hoping for cheese doodles :) Bless him <3

My empty room.... </3 Good bye campus...

Have to add I feel quite ok with the move from campus now. I think the turn came after we moved out the furniture. It wasn't "my room" any more, it was just "a room", or at least more so. When I was driving down yesterday I thought about how many negative feelings I've felt and how many of them I've voiced and I realised I have completely forgotten about how this is a dream coming true for me! I've always wanted to move abroad and now it's finally happening. This is the start of something big and sacrifices have to be made. Keeping that in mind really made all this easier for me.




Leaving that behind for now, I have to say Nan is funny. She's a little bit of a feeder. Any food I eat when she can't see it is either nonexistent or "not proper food". She came up to my room a couple of hours ago when she got back home from a visit to a relative and she was saying I don't eat properly and I needed to get some hot food in me. I told her I'd made some quorn and pasta andthere was still some on the oven if she wanted some. We talked for a few more minutes and she wrapped up the conversation by saying I really did need to come down and get something proper to eat. It's not a forgetful kind of "oh, I didn't remember you telling me you'd eaten" it's more like "so you've already eaten, big whoop, come get some real food". God, I love my Nan <3 Even if she'd force feed me if only she could figure out a way!

For something completely different; Rob is down in Kent with a few friends of ours having a good time. They've been trying on clothes for Chelle's and Pete's wedding next year and are now making merry at the local pub, so Rob took the opportunity to give me a call. I got to talk to some people and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I have all these good friends just waiting for me to get on that flight <3 Michelle, Pete, Thomas, Fizzy and Mags, if you read this - I can't wait to see you guys again! There's never a dull moment with you people, and I love it.

Anyway, this is it for tonight. I am now going to finish watching Drop Dead Diva and then go to bed. I have a long day of more packing and sorting through stuff tomorrow as well as seeing one of my bestest friends <3

Huggles
Saga xx

2 comments:

  1. Too bad I have only a couple of hours.. Later this year we really need a girls weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds really good :D I'd love to know who you are though! ;)

      Delete