Sunday 19 August 2012

Home stretch

I'm back in Karlstad - again - and it's almost the last time I'm here. I say almost because I'll have to come back two more times this week. On thursday to drive furniture up to Dalarna and on Friday to clean it properly and bring the last stuff. My mind is in CHAOS right now as it feels little bit like no matter if I pack stuff down there's just as much left to go... Does it ever end!? Arjan called me a hoarder, and I think he's got a point... I'll just be relieved when it's over and done with. All this coming back here is messing with my head. I feel like the chapter of my life I started here isn't necessarily closed yet, but I also feel like there are other chapters that are more important. Some things need a start more than others need a finish. I'm sure I'm not done with Karlstad yet, not completely. I will be back to pick up my glass apple, for example ;) Whenever that happens.... But that's not the point right now!! Moving on :P

Boxes, piled to the sky!

In more englishy type news I found out yesterday that one of the guys from the corridor, Simon, has applied for a job in Stoke-on-Trent! That's just around the corner from me and Rob! (Provided it takes about 30mins by car to get around said corner.) I hope he gets the job so he can come visit us for a night at the pub and so I can talk some bullshit and be nostalgic :3 Being nostalgic is one of my specialities. And sentimental as well. There are new people moving into the corridor now and I look at them when I meet them in the hallway and I think "I will never get to know you" and it makes me a little bit sad. But the only reason it does make me sad is because they are here now and I can see them and say hi to them, but I can't see and say hi to the people I will know instead. So in reality, I will get to know new and exciting people, I just haven't met them yet. I'm moving abroad - I'll have an entire country to explore! I'm being silly :)

Oooh, and this passed Friday me and some of my close friends got some big, big, BIG news! I can't say what it is though, because I promised not to (but really, who of the involved people, who doesn't already know, reads my blog? ;P). I will however talk about it at a later date, because we were all quite excited :) I'd better go shopping for gifts. Well, for Christmas maybe?
And that same Friday was also the day of my "goodbye"-dinner with some of my closest friends. We met for a meal and talked and had a good time, went for a walk and saw a film together, nothing fancy. But it still makes all that much of a difference being surrounded by people you love and have known for such a long time. I'm a little bit sad Maja and Sofie couldn't make it, but it's not like I'm dropping off the face of the earth. There will be plenty of time to meet them another time. God, I will miss them though <3

Sohrab, ever so smartly dressed!

 Me and Nirvana's sister (is her name Nina? I never really caught her name... :S) on the Red Pepper! A Borlänge classic.

Me and Nirvana <3 

Me, Nirvana, Hanna and Sohrab :) 

Silly faces - can't live without them. 

As Sohrab wisely said;
"Borlänge is one of the best cities in the world.... if you start counting from the bottom."
Here the Cinema and a fountain!

Anyway, that's all you get for tonight. Now I'm calling Rob so we can spend another night talking about what tattoos he should get next ;)

Sweet dreams
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment