Tuesday 28 August 2012

There should be some real life experience points for this shit!

This weekend has been spent in the sign of the pallet. It hasn't all been work and no play though, not to worry. I needed to finish packing my pallet as it's shipping out today (they just called me at nine o'clock this morning to confirm that I will be around for the pick up) and going to Gothenburg and from there on to England by means of boat. I did finish on time! Even with time to spare, which is a nice feeling. Me and dad wrapped the pallet last night, and what a finely wrapped pallet it is! We both stepped back and thought "Masterpiece".

It started on Wednesday night though, before we went to pick up my furniture in Karlstad. I was talking to dad and saying it was so difficult to find cling wrap (it's basically plastic foil, for those of you who know your way around a kitchen, but the rolls are a lot longer). Dad, ever full of ideas, said why don't you use the wrap off the pallets of pellets we have in the garage? So I did!


If you have ever worked with plastic foil you know it kan be a bitch if it folds on itself because it will stick like crazy. Now that usually drives me insane, so imagine working with a few hundred meters of it! This is what I meant with the experience points. If that was not an epic quest - what is? Killing Deathwing? Psssht - childs play! I worked tirelessly for about half an hour though and managed to unwrap several layers of wrap, so  it turned out pretty well ;)

Pallet of pllets, just waiting to be unwrapped.

Just getting started...

 Bloody thing clings to itself (which is sort of the point, though...)

Sorry for the weird pose, lol

Have to say this was a very economical and green way to wrap my pallet! One pallets old wrap is another pallets new wrap! I'm happy, Maserfrakt is happy because they don't have to wrap it and the environment is happy because I reused old wrap. Fantastic :)

So finally, yesterday me and dad finished the pallet by taping the goods down and then wrapping it. I'm so glad he helped me as that made things so much easier. I could never have gotten the wrap so tight on my own, so his help was essential for success :)

Finished pallet! Total of 10 boxes in varying sizes, one suitcase, one step up board and one yoga mat :3
Awesome.

Dad with tape :D

First line of defense: tape. We also taped it over the top so it'd stay on the pallet...

Here we go, final touches.

Et voilá!

Seriously though, about the experience points again, there should be some gold and a new pair of shoes in this for me. That would have been awesome. (Notice how much I am referensing World of Warcraft? I really miss playing! But in September we're coming back online, me and Rob)

As I was saying it's not all been work and no play, however. I also had time this weekend to make Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles! I found the recipe through stumbleupon.com and I had to try it (I love cookie dough). I'll post a link of the recipe at the bottom of the page. It turned out pretty well! I left all of them in Mum's fridge though, with her and Hanna, so as soon as the truck has picked up the pallet today I'm going on a find and rescue mission!

Mmm... Cookie dough... <3

Little dough balls :D

Dipped in chocolate and decorated (also with chocolate ;))

Made three different types :)

Omnomnom

Delicious cookie dough filling <3

Now I need to get some breakfast I think... Maybe even take a shower before they turn up with that big ol' truck.

Love yu my pretties <3
Saga xx


http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/03/30/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles/

2 comments:

  1. Oh God, I just think I put on ten kilos of weight, just looking at those chocolate truffels. Make me some when I am coming over, please?

    Hugs from the cookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THATS what I call a challenge ... Well accepted! :D .... That's a wrap! :D :D x

    ReplyDelete