Tuesday 25 September 2012

But, Google maps said there is a road here..?

Much to my own surprise I actually did get out for a walk today. I'm usually not one for walking in the rain, but I took my umbrella and headed on out. Thought I'd take the opportunity to see a little bit of the English country side. I had no idea how much of it I'd get to see..


As I was walking out of town I was completely drenched in water by two cars passing by through a puddle. The first car sort of slowed down, so it only sprayed water on me from the knee and down. The second car didnt even try to slow down though... It drenched me from waist to foot. Needless to say I was less than happy. That's a crime as well, Rob tells me (falls under reckless driving, if I'm not wrong), so I'm now the victim of my first crime in this country. Here's to hoping there won't be any more!

Anyway, further down the road I came onto a footpath. It was a bit muddy and slippery as it was all dirt and grass, but nevertheless quite nice. And then the road disappeared. Where there should have been road, there was a stream. I had checked maps of the area before I ventured out and on one of them there seemed to be a stream, so I double checked with Google Maps and I couldn't see any water. Google maps lied to me!

That stream is probably very small usually, but it's been raining for days on end here, so I've heard on the news they're having some problems with flooding in some parts of England. It's local now as well, I suppose. I did fnally get across it though! I walked down stream for a bit before I decided it was better to cross where I first tried. Had to take off my socks and shoes and wade through it! Surprisingly the water wasn't too cold, definitely not as cold as I had expected. It was quite... refreshing!

All in all a very nice walk in the end. I'm quite happy with it!
Huggles
Saga xx

P.S. Should I do anything special for when I hit 1000 views? It's coming up fast! D.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment