Saturday 8 September 2012

Survival of those who look the right way

After spending just a couple of days here in England me and Hanna have made a vital discovery. Survival in this country is completely based upon your skill of remembering which bloody way to look when crossing the road. It is nigh on impossible! More than once we have crossed the road at high speed and screeming because we have at last minute seen a car coming at us. We're getting better though, I hope. And I think that's all for the best or we won't survive the week.


Darwin didn't quite hit the mark with "survival of the fittest", it's more like "survival of the one hit by least number of cars". I think it's a good thing I'm not going back to Sweden until Christmas - gives me an honest chance to learn little things like that. Maybe I'll even have time to try driving (talk about death trap). Only around the countryside first though as they drive like maniacs here. Not at all like in Sweden (though there is the occasional nutter in the traffic there as well). Maybe I'm just remembering things the way I like to..

Anyway! Thought I should catch up on some pictures before we go watch Rugby. Here's from our first night in England:

Flying in to Manchester airport!

Very dark picture, but you can tell Hanna is excited ^^, It's her very first time in the UK, so it's really fun having her tag along.

Hanna at the airport :)

Rob had bought some snacks for us as he realised we'd be hungry when we landed (Appreciated!!)

He also treated us to kebab when we got to Rugeley :)

And that was a small portion..... I don't even dare wonder how huge the large ones would be??

Lot of pictures of Hanna there... Next day we went walking in town to explore a bit. There's 4 or 5 really pretty little churches in this town, so we went to have a look at the closest one and the nearby cemetary.

The church :)

Just across the road from the church there are some ruins after what I guess also used to be a church or something like that.

Ruins again :)

Hanna taking pictures!

Me by the ruins! :D

The old cemetary. So many beautiful gravestones and monuments.

They also had a section specifically for local men who dies during the first world war and it was meticulously kept. Shows such a deep respect for their soldiers.

Rugeley town market :) There was a market there today as well, so they seem to have a lot of those.

Today we had another stroll in Rugeley, this time we went down to the duck pond in Elmore Park. It was really lovely! Weather has been good to us, sunny and 20 something degrees for three days straight. It's supposed to be good tomorrow as well, but next week it'll rain... But that's fine though, we've had an awesome week so far :) I feel like this post is getting a bit too long now, so I think I'll leave it as is and post photos from Birmingham, Elmore park and Rugby tomorrow.

Take care till then!
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment