Tuesday 25 September 2012

Trip to IKEA

Yesterday Rob made it home early from work since he'd started early in the morning in Newcastle and driven all the way back again. So when he got home I made him some of Mum's pork and mango chutney stew. I've never made him that before, so it was his first time trying it and I think he wouldn't say no to me making it again ;) It is good, I have to admit... After dinner though Rob suggested we go to IKEA, since he knew there were some things I wanted from there. Just little things like a bathroom scale, measuring cups for the kitchen, rubber spatula... Stuff like that. I couldn't get my hands on a rolling pin though, so no cinnamon rolls till I can get one. Visits to IKEA always end up more expensive than you originally panned for though, so we had a few other extras with us home.

For exmple we extended our little family with a Japanese Peace Lily :D It's only a small one, but it's quite cute :) (You get a pretty good idea of what the weather is like from that picture as well...) Up until now we haven't had any plants at home, so it's nice having something to make this look more like a home. Having grown up with Mum and both my Nans all having green fingers a home is just not the same without flowers. Sadly though, I have nt inherited said green fingers, so the survival of our peace lily is up to Rob :P He's also bringing home an Umbrella plant to put in the sitting room. That will be great - I love large plants, we just don'thave enough space to have very many of them. I've already told Rob I'm looking forward to having little palm trees and stuff like that. they look so lush and gorgeous!

As I said we bought a bathroom scale from IKEA as well - I thought I'd packed mine, but apparently not... (So if anyone wants mine it's somewhere in Solvarbo! Feel free to give it a home.) We've got one now anyhow, so this morning I installed Hälsovakten on my laptop and started with my diet again (I say diet, but that word has such negative connotations...What I mean is that I can still eat whatever I want, I don't exclude anything, I just keep tabs on how much of it I eat.), so I have planned to go for a walk today as well. I can't afford a gym membership yet, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to exercise! God knows I need it... So by Christmas I should be back in shape somewhat and I will be expecting a work out session or two with Mum and Hanna in front of the TV :)

Ok, this is getting longer than I anticipated.. I'll just leave you with this picture from IKEA. I just though this looked so funny xD Who are you calling a ho dog!?

Anyway, take care ;) <3
Saga xx

1 comment:

  1. Something bout that ho dog .... looks VERY satisfying ;) ;) <3

    ReplyDelete