Thursday 13 September 2012

Let's make a list...

I have been thinking about what I will miss even since before I actually moved across. Now that I'm finally here a list of things has started to chrystalize in my mind, Some of the things I already knew, but a few of them were a bit of a surprise...

Let's get started!

1. Liquorice
I knew about this one. Salty liquorice is to the English what growing rice is to the Swedish - you just don't see it very often. This will definitely be on my wishlist for Christmas! I might ask for a small delivery of Djungelvrål or Salty skulls later this autumn. And Mumrikar... Oh god...

2. Yoghurt
The English may have yoghurt, but it's not proper yoghurt... It's either pouring yoghurt which is a bit looser in consistency than the one we get back home, or it's a thicker desserty kind of yoghurt. They're both good, don't get me wrong, but they're not the same as Valio's. I'll get used to it though :)

3. Electricity
Yes, that's right. I miss electricity. We litterally have a little box on the wall in the wardrobe where we have to refill our electricity supply with little cards, just like pay-as-you-go (kontantkort)! When Rob told me and Hanna about this a few days ago I laughed at him because I thought he was kidding. He wasn't. It makes me question which century I have moved to. To someone who's never had to worry about electricity actually running out it's a strange concept. Just means I need to be more careful with what I leave on and when. Can tell you my computer operates on battery a lot more often now than it would have in Sweden. I guess it has an advantage though - it makes me a lot more aware of how much electricity we use. Still strange though.

4. Ramlösa
I have somewhat of an addiction for mineral water, and I have yet to find anything similar here. Most of the mineral water here has some sort of sweetener in it, and that doesn't fly with me! Will try and bring some back with me after Christmas... Raspberry and Blackberry.... Nooom...

5. Stuff I forgot in Sweden
For example, I lost a little bag of thing I need for sewing in the move. It had all my pins and my measuring tape and fabric scissors and everything like that. It's not like I didn't try to bring it with me to the UK, I just couldn't bloody find it! Annoying...

I'm going to keep it short for this time though. I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff as I go along. Next time I'll make a post of what I like though! I don't want any of you thinking I don't like it here :) Today I have handed in my CV at a local grocery store, hopefully I'll hear from them and get an interview. Woud be nice to have a job, even if I'd only get part time. They're looking for 3 or 4 people though, so... Fingers crossed?

Now, I'm going to watch some Black Adder with Rob :)
Huggles and g'night ^^,
Saga xx

No comments:

Post a Comment