Sunday 16 September 2012

Cadbury and Lichfield

Cadbury employee?
Thought I'd try and catch up a liiiittle bit on what me and Hanna did the last few days she was here. On Monday we went to Cadbury World. For those of you who are not familiar with Cadbury it's a chocolate company, similar to Marabou, who are especially appreciated for their brand Cadbury Dairy Milk (and oh my, is it good...). Cadbury World is part museum over the history of chocolate, part museum over the history of the company and part best commercial ever for their products. Sadly though, the battery in my camera decided to die half way through... So I only have a couple of pictures. We had a good time though :) Think any of you who come to visit should go there if you like chocolate half as much as me and Hanna do ;) It's only in Birmingham anyway, so it's easy enough to get to by train.

Few photos from Cadbury world!


Last day of Hanna's visit here, Tuesday, we went to a nearby town called Lichfield. It's the size of Karlstad roughly, with somewhere around 80'000 inhabitants, but it feels so much smaller and cozier. We took the bus from Rugeley and got off at Beacon Street, Lichfield. The reason we got off there is that Beacon street is situated just about 100 metres from the Cathedral, and that was one of our stops :) There was also Beacon park where they have a war memorial and a memorial to the captain of the Titanic who was born in a village nearby. It was supposed to rain, but weather was still quite nice when we got there. Had a walk around the park to begin with and then we went to have lunch at Aprés which Rob tells me is one of the nicer places in town. Have to say eating out can be so cheap around here though as me and Hanna got a 2 for one offer on lunch, so she had a Hickory bacon burger and I had Sweet chili thai noodles with chicken and we only paid £10 for it. Sound like a good deal to me ;) Only down side is you eat out so much more often here though, just because it's quite cheap, and in the end it still costs money... Not quite skint yet though!

Lichfield also has a collection of nice shops, so we explored some of them as well :) There's one I really like that sells gifts and stuff like that called "Smart ideas" or something like that. Can never quite remember what it's called! I love it however. Hanna picked up a thing or two there, and I got a little something for Martin, her boyfriend, as his birthday is coming up.


I was ging to make this post so much longer, but I think this will be enough for now, and maybe I'll post another short one later today... Don't want to get tedious :)
Laters!
Saga xx




No comments:

Post a Comment